Senior Product Manager
The Softlines Buying & Planning Automation team at Amazon.com is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to help lead initiatives focused on optimizing the Softlines buying and planning process. We are working on the systems, tools, and processes required to help scale the Softlines business. A successful candidate will have a track record of collaboration across technical and non-technical stakeholders, as well as a drive and desire to tackle big ideas in a data driven environment. This individual should be comfortable working in highly ambiguous, high stakes environments and place a priority on driving scalable process change and improvement. Your work will have a direct impact on the future of Softlines at Amazon.com.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and working in a fast-paced environment. This role requires an individual with excellent communication and cross-functional management abilities who strives to answer business/operational questions and who works across functional boundaries. We are looking for someone to develop a healthy obsession with understanding the challenges unique to our business to help meet our customer's needs. This person should also enjoy being a creative contributor and thrive in working in a start-up environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in the following areas:
- Analyze key areas of opportunity across multiple input systems including advanced buying and planning models to identify new projects, prioritize them, and develop a cohesive plan
- Anticipate bottlenecks and balance trade-offs between business needs and technical constraints
- Manage cross-functional project teams, planning and executing complex projects across technical development and non-technical business stakeholders to enable launch of new products and processes
- Translate highly technical requirements and processes to non-technical leaders in a clear and actionable manner
- Earn and develop trust with business leaders to drive adoption and implementation of new systems
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product management, supply chain, inventory management, finance and/or project management experience or similar field
- Flexible, possess strong written and oral communication skills, be team oriented, and able to meet tight deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, be innovative, and creative using sound business judgment and quantitative skills.
- Ability to balance requirements with various constraints including resources capacity, budget and scalability and stability impacts.
- Experience managing customer facing products, preferably in e-commerce
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics (SQL, Excel, etc.) to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top