Senior Product Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Do you thrive in building something from scratch? Amazon's Lab126 team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Sr. Product Manager to drive the development of our products. As the Sr. Product Manager, you will own the vision and strategy for your product, define the product's roadmap and strategy, and deliver clear requirements that Designers and Engineers will use to bring your vision to life. You'll help drive the day-to-day product development schedule from design through to release, own the product life-cycle, and define and monitor metrics that measure the success of the product.
A successful candidate will have passion for creating new products, while being able to understand and manage key financial levers and technical concepts. He or she will have excellent product and program management skills, communication proficiency, and motivation to achieve big results in a fast-pace environment. Product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with business teams, leaders, design and engineering teams. Candidates should demonstrate a passion for working on behalf of customers, have a track record of timely delivery of large-scale projects, and have the ability to operate independently. Maturity, judgment, negotiation skills, influence and leadership skills are all essential.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with direct product ownership.
- 5+ years developing product roadmaps & functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, marketing, design or related field is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and writing skills and ability to successfully interact across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- MBA preferred
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top