Senior Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. We're a company of pioneers. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
Working in the Amazon Devices team will be unlike any job you have had. In Japan, we ensure our global activity is translated for the local markets by making the customer experience on our devices and our Japan sites culturally relevant.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds great value to Amazon Fire tablet customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the product, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with marketing, design, business development, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. You must be customer centric, resourceful, team oriented, an effective communicator, a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You must have the ability to quickly formulate plans that are deeply backed by data and execute across many work functions simultaneously.
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Lead strategic initiatives such as forming the Go-to-Market plan and product management for Fire tablets and work with a cross-functional team of business, marketing and merchandising, designers and operations managers.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, partner experience, performance and operational support load.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Have obsession to drive a better customer experiences through everything that we do here at Amazon.
• Role is global in nature - will work with teams in other markets. Build strong internal relationships across Amazon. Influence internal teams including other regions to deliver the right results for our business growth.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in consumer product or services, product management, project management, and/or marketing.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working in ambiguous environment, with minimal supervision.
• Experience in successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Ability to leverage insights (qualitative and quantitative) to design and implement innovative and bold strategic vision.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen (strong Bias for Action).
• Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary.
• PC skills; Advance on Excel (Pivot table/Data analysis), Intermediate on Word/PowerPoint.
• Strong influencer with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in both Japanese and English (native level Japanese and business level English (TOEIC: 850 or above)).
• BA/BS required.
• Past experience driving consumer product or services management including launches.
• High-technology consumer products management.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
Back to top