Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager, Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) is a high-profile, strategic business unit, with support and interest from all parts of Amazon and top management. The Performance Ads Systems and Fabric (PASF) team develops core features and tools to support advertising programs across the advertising organization. Today these include Performance Advertising for Vendors, Sellers, and Authors. We focus on providing core services for advertiser registration and access management, catalog management, billing, data ingestion/publishing and analytics.
The Billing Platform team is responsible for developing and supporting key functional areas such as budget management, invoicing, payments and promotions management. It is also responsible for the integration with some other critical platforms such as Tax Software, payments platform, accounting and financial automation platform. The Billing team has development teams located in New York and Bangalore.
Our performance and display advertising products have seen exponential growth in the past several years. To support this growth and to further our customer obsession, the Billing team is actively seeking to hire a Senior Product Manager. As a Senior Product Manager, you will engage with business and engineering teams to plan, investigate and launch improvement initiatives and product releases. You will leverage your exceptional organizational and communication skills to balance work across several projects and teams, while also using your analytical chops to synthesize product usage trends and identify opportunities to improve the advertiser's experience. You should also thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited about collaborating across teams.
In this role, you will be the single threaded leader for a large and geographically distributed development and program management team. Your responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Deliver a world class billing, invoicing and payment system.
- Own the development of the long-term vision, strategy and roadmap for your product; maintain a deep competitive awareness; and think big to identify global business opportunities worthy of investment
- Collaborate with stakeholders located in Seattle and globally to drive the billing platform product innovation, obtain buy-in for product initiatives and set expectations.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop product strategy, engineering roadmap and drive project initiatives.
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your team and the broader organization.
- 5+ years in product management is required
- Experience in online advertising and/or billing platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Business or related discipline
- Experience in bringing technology products to market in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent quantitative skills. Strong SQL and Excel expertise to access and transform data into insights
- You are an influential leader with advertising/billing knowledge and a tremendous customer focus (whether internal or external customers), as well as a first class problem solver and inspirational team player
- You have a strong product and program management background, and demonstrated experience leading projects
- You have excellent verbal and written communication abilities (with technical and non-technical people)
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas for online media, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
- You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means that you are able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, and also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top