Senior Product Leader
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's WW Marketing Product/Tech Organization building marketing technology that helps us reach and engage customers in new ways. We are looking for a Senior Product Leader who will own the strategy/vision for this area and lead a team of Product Managers to deliver on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and leadership teams to bring features and products to market. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, obsess over customers, work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
As Senior Product Leader you will be responsible for envisioning, creating, launching and scaling new global products. In your role, you will be expected to challenge the status quo in the name of delivering step change improvements to the customer experience. The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional so you will be leading colleagues and partners to clarify, simplify and prioritize. You will also navigate how best to adapt and scale the product across a range of distinct geographic markets where Amazon currently operates or plans to enter.
As part of the global marketing organization, we sit at the intersection of all of Amazon's retail programs and core retail systems. Our mission is to help customers to them discover how Amazon can meet their needs and identifying developing needs of our next generation of customers. All of this requires innovation in our systems and approach.
You will be the right Senior Product Leader if you are:
- A leader you are passionate about building great products that impact people's lives and you consistently rally colleagues, partners and customers to join you in the cause. You can communicate a vision as effectively as you are able to be clear about tenets and priorities. Colleagues hope their next project will include you.
- An operator you value the reflection and ongoing effort required to continuously improve the way your team functions and collaborates with each other and with other teams. You are highly effective working with engineers, designers, operators, marketers and finance.
- Customer-focused you are a strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right trade-offs and protecting high standards on behalf of the customer. You prioritize diving deep on customer data and feedback.
- Results-oriented you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers' lives fuels you.
- Fearless you are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, battle skepticism and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best over the long term.
• This leader has a Bachelor's degree. Quantitative disciplines such as Computer Science, Engineering and Economics are advantageous, but not required (We hire Philosophy majors too!).
• This leader has experience hiring, developing and leading cross-functional teams, including design and engineering.
• This leader has 5+ years of experience as a product manager or project leader, with demonstrated success in launching a portfolio of new products, services or businesses.
• Evident communication and people skills and a readily accessible sense of humor. Your peers and direct reports would love to work with you again.
• MBA or Master's Degree in a related field
• Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company is highly valued.
• Demonstrated leadership in impacting the performance and innovation of your organization beyond the teams you directly manage.
• Experience and working with global teams and diverse partners is a big plus since we build for global reach.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran
Back to top