Senior Product Counsel
- London, United Kingdom
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to be the lead Product lawyer for our EMEA & LATAM businesses. You will advise our business and product engineering teams on legal and strategic issues working alongside with lawyers in Twitch and across the Amazon group.
Principal responsibilities include: triangulating with Twitch Public Policy and Engineering Teams to provide legal and compliance advice on International regulations, monitoring and advising the business of upcoming regulatory changes, working globally and cross-functionally with Engineering teams to implement product design, and handling product and developer-related litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
This lawyer, will report directly to our International Legal Director and be part of the International Legal Team based at our European headquarters in London. Some international travel will be required.
• Triangulate with Twitch Public Policy and Engineering Teams to provide daily legal and compliance advice;
• Monitor and advise the business of upcoming regulatory changes, working globally and cross-functionally with technology teams and Amazon Digital Legal to implement product design, and handling product and developer-related litigation legal disputes and inquiries;
• Advise and work with the International Business and Engineering Teams on data issues and privacy by design.
• Manage Twitch's International position on copyright and trademark infringement and other related issues.
• University Degree and Legal Qualification (EU preferred).
• Legal experience: minimum 7 years post qualification experience (PQE)
• A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience.
• Technology, Media, Advertising, Telecoms or Gaming Industry background a plus.
• In-depth understanding of EU Regulatory trends and experience advising businesses on the implementation of regulations working with Engineering and Public Policy teams.
• Experience advising Engineering teams on international legal issues to incorporate in to product design.
• The ability to function as part of a European and global legal team and the broader Amazon Digital Legal Group.
Back to top