Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager - Technical
- Arlington, VA
Are you Customer-obsessed, data oriented, technologically curious, and confident in proposing opportunities to improve the Amazon experience for Consumers? Amazon is looking for an experienced, talented, and highly motivated individual to join our team in Arlington, VA.
Amazon is seeking a Product Manager Technical. You will lead a growing effort to measure how customers discover products on Amazon, building an automated solution to scale data collection worldwide. You will present business recommendations to solve the identified issues, drive change, and eventually to achieve our vision: Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with and influence senior business and technology leadership at Amazon.
You should be passionate about improving Amazon's processes and technology. You have the proven ability to dive deep into complex systems and metrics to understand the business context behind the data and technology. You will be responsible for developing and scaling new internal benchmarking offerings using innovative technology and delivering up-to-date data and insights in areas such as automation quality, technical architecture, technology applications, process improvement, and consumer experience. You will research and analyze global technology and industry trends and seek out best practices.
• Technology Acumen: Design tech assessments, deep dives and research to understand technology and underlying systems. Design for a global scale. Collaborate with the our technical services to plan, design, and develop a portfolio of tools, and systems for data collection and analysis, as well as root cause potential customer experience barriers or gaps.
• Product Management: Lead large and complex initiative to measure and improve how customers discover products on Amazon. Scale an automated solution and set direction for the long-term vision of the program, including system design, data collection and analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior management worldwide.
• Manage ambiguity: Understand complex business problems across business units, geographies and product lines to create hypotheses and translate this into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights that help Amazon improve our customer experience.
• Stakeholder Management: Build strong relations with internal stakeholders to understand priorities, define our roadmap and to collaborate and work with them on studies and actions to implement product and service solutions.
• Innovation: Identify, track, and monitor industry/experience trends and drivers of customer satisfaction. Develop new tools, methodologies, and/or standards for measuring customer experience.
• Process Improvement: Continuously innovate and improve process to optimize efficiencies.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• 7+ years of experience OR Master's degree AND 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in areas such as management consulting, technology, retail, machine learning, statistical analysis, and/or market research.
• Experience with search functionality and online product discovery.
• Understands the reasons for architecture decisions behind a product or feature and capable of holding an engineering team to a high standard for product solutions.
• Experience working with product, engineering, and development teams.
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen.
• Strong written and oral communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions. Excellent English writing skills; able to produce and finalize complex documents.
• Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
• Technology focused degree.
• Advanced degree (e.g. MBA).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top