Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager - Tech
- Arlington, VA
Are you Customer-obsessed, data oriented, technologically curious, and confident in proposing opportunities to improve our Consumers' experience across different Amazon businesses?
Amazon is looking for an experienced, talented and highly motivated individual to join our Consumer Experience team in Arlington, VA.
Amazon is seeking a Sr. Product and Customer Insights Manager, based in Arlington, VA. You will join an expanding team which measures Amazon's online retail customer experience end-to-end in the Americas and will present business recommendations in order to drive changes, to solve the identified issues, and eventually to achieve our vision: Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
As a Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager, you will own and contribute to studies that measure Amazon's end-to-end experience. You will identify industry, experience, and technology trends, which will help define our roadmap. Leveraging your technical skill-set, leverage a variety of methodologies to drive studies across multiple categories (e.g. consumer electronics, apparel), geographies (e.g., North America, Brazil, Mexico), and departments (e.g., Retail, Marketplace), partnering with senior business leaders in developing and improving the shopping experience on Amazon.
• Technology Acumen: Design tech assessments, deep dives and research to understand technology and underlying systems. Design for scale. Collaborate with the our technical services to plan, design, and develop a portfolio of tools, and systems for data collection and analysis, as well as root cause potential customer experience barriers or gaps.
• Manage ambiguity: Understand complex business problems across business units, geographies and product lines to create hypotheses and translate this into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights that help Amazon improve our customer experience.
• Product Management: Lead large and complex studies, including: scope alignment with business leaders, design, data collection and analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior management worldwide.
• Stakeholder Management: Build strong relations with internal stakeholders to understand priorities, define our roadmap and to collaborate and work with them on studies and actions to implement product and service solutions.
• Customer Research and Analytics: Plan and deliver customer insight products by working backwards from customer needs, for example: scoping each unique effort, design, data collection/data analysis, tech assessment/analysis, and providing recommendations which are presented to senior leadership.
• Innovation: Identify, track, and monitor industry/experience trends and drivers of customer satisfaction. Develop new tools, methodologies, and/or standards for measuring customer experience.
• Teamwork: Work cross functionally with peers/colleagues globally to support training, best practices, and shared opportunities
• Process Improvement: Continuously innovate and improve process to optimize efficiencies.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 7+ years of experience OR Master's degree AND 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology.
• Experience with end to end product delivery.
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
• Experience with feature delivery and trade-offs of a product.
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
• Experience in areas such as management consulting, technology, retail, consumer goods, market research.
• Understands the reasons for architecture decisions behind a product or feature and capable of holding an engineering team to a high standard for product solutions.
• Strong, data-driven business and technical judgment.
• Able to make the case for a technology product and can influence teams to dedicate resources.
• Ability to distill informal business requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Technology focused degree.
• Advanced degree (e.g. MBA).
• Proven capabilities in rapidly learning new domains to lead domain-specific discussions about processes, metrics and customer experiences.
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen.
• Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
• Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
• Excellent English writing skills; able to produce and finalize complex documents.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top