Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager - Tech
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon is seeking an experienced, talented, and highly motivated leader to join an expanding team as a Sr. Technical Product and Customer Insights Manager, based in Arlington, VA.
As a Sr. Technical Product & Customer Insights Manager, you will use your technical and analytical expertise to develop new methodologies and products to improve our service to better serve our customers. You will own end-to-end processes and technology, working seamlessly with tech and development teams to drive automation and delivery of insights at scale. You will research and analyze global technology and industry trends and seek out best practices. You will present business recommendations in order to drive changes and solve identified issues. You will have the opportunity to work with senior business, finance, and technology leadership at Amazon and directly influence our strategy and roadmap.
You should be passionate about improving Amazon's end-to-end processes and technology and building partnerships across business and development teams to drive changes. You have the proven ability to dive deep into complex systems and metrics and understand the business context behind the data, continuously striving to find deeper insights.
To do this, the candidate will have the following more detailed responsibilities/capabilities:
• Technology Acumen: Design tech assessments, deep dives and research to understand technology and underlying systems. Design for scale. Collaborate with development and product management teams to plan, design, and develop tools and systems for data collection and analysis.
• Manage ambiguity: Understand complex business problems across business units, geographies and product lines to create hypotheses and translate this into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights to support the business.
• Product Management: Lead large and complex worksteams, including: scope alignment, design, data collection and analysis, recommendations and delivering results. Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements. Design custom financial and strategic studies.
• Innovation: Identify, track, and monitor industry trends. Develop mechanisms and apply analytics to surface findings.
• Process Improvement: Continuously innovate and improve process to optimize efficiencies and delivery insights at scale.
• Stakeholder management: Build strong relationships internal stakeholders to understand and evaluate business priorities, define requirements and establish information sharing mechanisms. Work alongside stakeholders and peers on studies and actions to implement product and service solutions.
• Teamwork: Support hiring and onboarding of new team members and contribute to our high performing culture. Work cross functionally with peers/colleagues globally to support training, best practices, and shared opportunities.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or master's degree and at least 5 years of experience.
• Experience in areas such as management consulting, technology consulting, finance, market research.
• Understands the reasons for architecture decisions behind a product or feature and capable of holding an engineering team to a high standard for product solutions.
• Has strong, data-driven business and technical judgment. Able to make the case for a technology product and can influence teams to dedicate resources.
• Ability to distill informal business requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Technology focused degree.
• Advanced degree (e.g, MBA).
• Proven capabilities in rapidly learning new domains to lead domain-specific discussions about processes, metrics and customer experiences.
• Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen. Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
• Strong oral and written English language communication skills. Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top