Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager
- Flexible / Remote
Are you Customer obsessed and eager to propose opportunities and influence business decisions to improve the Consumer and Seller experience across our different Amazon businesses? Amazon is looking for an experienced, talented and highly motivated individual to joinour Customer Experience Strategy team to support the Japan and worldwide businesses.
As a Senior Product and Customer Insights Manager, you will own and contribute to studies that measure Amazon's end-to-end experience. You will drive studies across multiple product lines (e.g., media, consumer electronics, apparel), geographies and departments (Retail, Marketplace, Digital), partnering with senior business leaders in developing studies and following-up on actionable findings. The role will allow you to make a real impact for our customers from Day 1 and provide a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced environment to constantly build your skill set and address new challenges.
You will help Amazon continually raise the bar and help achieve our vision: to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. If this role is right for you, you will be excited about the opportunity to be our Customers' advocate and influence their experience on Amazon!
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage ambiguity: understand complex business problems across business units, geographies and product lines to create hypotheses and translate this into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights that help Amazon improve our customer experience
• Study Management: lead large and complex studies, including scoping with business leaders, study design, data collection, data analysis, recommendations, and presenting results to senior management
• Stakeholder management: Build strong relations with stakeholders to understand priorities, define the roadmap, and to collaborate on studies and actions to improve our customers' experience
• Team: support hiring and on-boarding of new team members and contribute to our high-performing culture
The right candidate will:
• Have a passion for continuously improving customer experience
• Have experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
• Have significant creativity and excellent business judgment
• Have a strong sense of urgency and commitment
• Be a self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-ups on responsibilities in a timely manner while also being a strong team player
• Be a problem solver who always thinks about what to do next
• Have excellent analytical capability
• Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous work environment
The employee can work from anywhere in the US with the opportunity to relocate to Tokyo, Japan.
• Japanese language skills (reading, writing, speaking) at the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) Level N2 equivalent or above
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen
• Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions
• Strong oral English and Japanese language communication skills, including experience discussing and reviewing results with senior management
• Excellent English writing skills, able to produce and finalize complex documents
• Experience in an international work environment in areas such as management consulting, internet, technology, retail, consumer goods or research firms
• Advanced degree (e.g., MBA) preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top