Senior Process Manager
Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Amazon's evolution from website to e-commerce and publishing partner to development platform is driven by the pioneering spirit that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon to research and develop new technologies that improve the lives of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Because that's what being Earth's most customer-centric company is all about, and it's still Day 1 at Amazon.
The Opportunity: Amazon Global Talent Acquisition is seeking a seasoned Process Manager /ACES Manager to drive continuous improvement work in the space of Global Talent Acquisition. The successful candidate will bring strong business acumen, a depth of technical recruitment strategy and a strong passion for building and driving process architecture in the space of candidate and customer experience. You will be a big thinker who also knows how to dive into the details of your business; you'll know how to optimize process, have an appetite for experimentation and stakeholder engagement.
Role Background: This role requires a strong background in process management, process re-design, continuous improvement and program management. The ideal candidate must be able to influence stakeholders at all levels and use existing recruitment data to identify opportunities to improve candidate & customer facing processes whilst influencing behavior change across 3,000 recruiting resources, globally. He/she may have come from a six sigma / Kaizen / ACES background, process or program management background, or be working in an recruitment processing outsourcing (RPO) / business processing (BPO) environment. He/she must also possess the aptitude to analyze and present data on recruitment team adherence to best practice standards. The role requires someone who can work in a highly ambiguous / fast-paced global hiring environment but most importantly he/she must be able to operationalize continuous improvement.
ACES / Process Mapping and Amelioration / Continuous Improvement
- Use various methods to map current state processes
- Use analysis to determine what processes add value to candidates vs. those that are wasteful and/or create multiple handoffs
- Turn concept process maps into business requirements for technical team
- Implement standard mechanisms to capture systemic issues across recruiting teams/geographies (VOC / GEMBA) etc
- Implement standard data definitions and terminology for recruiting and technical teams
- Develop and deploy and strategic and tactical plans that drives awareness, trial, adoption, and implement repeatable standard work for recruiters globally.
- Identify additional process mapping that would bring additional speed and innovation to the recruitment teams
- Operationalize from concept through to standard work
- Implementation of audit mechanisms to ensure standard work / process adherence is followed
Data Interpretation / Metric Adherence
- Use current data/intelligence to understand where opportunities may exist
- Be comfortable analyzing survey based data "how's my driving" (HMD) results regularly, including analyzing and plotting trends from HMD data that could be leading to defects in processes
- Own and present data to show if process amelioration / continuous improvement efforts are having an impactful outcome(s)
- Stratify data to drive broad to help drive broad adoption of processes and policies change management
- Work with the Recruitment Analytics and Data reporting team to design and implement business intelligence mechanisms to monitor against process deviation.
This position requires exceptional operational and process management skills as well as the ability to influence recruiting teams/leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in a process or operations-related field; Masters preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience, process mapping and/or continuous improvement environment
- Proven record of driving change in a global, highly dispersed company. Able to influence diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong understanding of multiple analytical techniques (fishbone, root cause, Pareto, etc.)
- Outstanding intellect and thought leadership
- Comfort in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Experience in a recruitment solutions design role very advantageous
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top