Amazon's Advertising Analytics and Insights (A&I) team is looking for a motivated and experienced leader to join our fast-paced team to lead our personalized recommendation science. We are a startup within one of the fastest growing and most strategic parts of Amazon. Our team owns the product, technology and deployment roadmap for advanced analytics and insight products across our advertiser success team. Advertiser success is core to Amazon's growth, as it helps our suppliers drive awareness, consideration, and purchase of their products by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world, and generates revenue which helps us lower prices and invest in improvements to our customer experience. We are a collaborative team, with an entrepreneurial mindset, a high bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
At A&I, we develop insight-backed recommendations for our advertising customers and communicates these to advertisers via APIs, UI, and 1:1 channels. These recommendations encourage advertisers to adopt Amazon Advertising products and features when and in a way that helps advertisers achieve their objectives. To develop these recommendations, we are constantly researching new strategies that advertisers can take to be successful and building ML models that forecasts the impact of advertisers' actions on their desired outcomes.
In this role, you will:
- Push science boundaries as well as implement complex algorithms that enable our science engines.
- Mentor a world class team of scientists, software engineers, and product visionaries.
- Contribute to the scientific and technical vision and direction of A&I programs.
- Collaborate on product direction: You'll build and maintain strong relationships with teams that create or consume insights.
- Be a key leader within Amazon's Advertising organization and contribute to the overall growth of our recommendation science, sharing your best practices and technical acumen in order to drive science and technology decisions across our organization.
- Customer obsessed and have a sharp business acumen to build a program or product vision and roadmap that contributes to the success of our advertisers.
- Pragmatic and iterative in building software: You have an ability to simplify and get things done quickly with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering science-based software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
- Highly analytical and data-driven: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
- 15+ years of industrial/academic experience in deep learning, machine learning or a related field.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- A track record of using advanced modeling and optimization techniques in software shipped at scale.
- Experience developing programs and mechanisms that scale.
- Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl, Python or Matlab.
- Experience building scaled recommendations APIs.
- Familiarity with advertising and e-commerce businesses.