Senior Practice Manager - VMWare and Outposts
- United States
Are you interested in building a global security and infrastructure business? Are you passionate about accelerating adoption of enterprise platforms (VMWare Cloud on AWS/AWS Outposts) on AWS? Do you love building and leading world class teams that drive breakthrough business results by delivering planetary scale security and infrastructure solutions? As a Senior Practice Manager of the AWS Professional Services Global Security and Infrastructure Practice you will lead the expansion of the Enterprise Platforms Practice and work closely with the Professional Services consultants, account teams, and sales leadership to develop a long-term strategy and execution plan for customers.
The ideal candidate should be an innovative leader with a successful history of delivering best-in-class solutions, managing world-class talent, and possessing the drive and experience to effectively meet the needs of our enterprise customers around the world. This individual is a trusted advisor for our enterprise customers and requires the skills to excel at all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery, oversight and program management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build and lead the Global Enterprise Platform and Solutions Practice
• Hire, develop and retain top talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on a specific technical specialty
• Collaborate with internal enterprise platform and AWS Security and Infrastructure leaders to develop go-to-market strategies and drive enterprise platform and solutions adoption for customers
• Sell professional services by engaging with enterprise customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio
• Oversee delivery of projects in account and ensure high quality delivery
• Act as single person of contact for customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations
• Drive internal builder projects
• Coach customer and partner teams to be self-sufficient
• 15 years' experience in IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated transformation experience for Global enterprise customers and partners
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
• Experience with building and developing teams
• Ability to travel to client locations as needed.
• Strong understanding in Global Fortune 500 enterprise customers and partners' operations technology and process
• Experience and deep knowledge of enterprise platforms (VMWare Cloud on AWS/AWS Outposts)
• Experience in delivering large scale enterprise platforms (VMWare Cloud on AWS/AWS Outposts) consulting
• Experience in identifying and creating tailored security and compliance programs for our enterprise customers
• Managing Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
• Enterprise security and infrastructure solution implementation & operations experience including identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Understanding architectural implications of meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top