At AWS, we are looking for an experienced leader to build and lead a team of AWS Professional Services consultants dedicated to our financial services customers. This team will be highly technical with in depth experience working with financial services customers to inspire, generate ideas, and deliver business outcome based on innovative AWS cloud services. The leader of this team will have a strong combination of financial services industry expertise, technical experience, coaching and leadership skills, and an ability to learn fast in a fast-paced environment.
Our AWS Professional Services consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
This role can be based out of Munich, Berlin or Frankfurt.
• Long-term development of Financial Services organizations
• Engaging with customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio
• Development of long-term Cloud Strategy for customers
• Identifying and developing specific opportunities and supporting business cases
• Selling Professional Services, deal shaping, estimations and deal pricing, contract negotiations and closing
• Planning and implementation of a portfolio of projects, including budget and deliverable responsibilities
• Build and lead high performance teams, attract top talent with technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
• Overseeing delivery of projects in accounts, mitigation of delivery risks & issues, ensuring high quality delivery
• Acting as single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations
• Educate customers on AWS services and translate those into a clear business value proposition
• Envisioning and inspiring customers
• This is a customer-facing role with the requirement to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver large-scale enterprise IT projects with global Fortune 500 enterprise customers
• Minimum 10 years of IT Consulting Management experience, with demonstrated IT transformation experience in the financial services industry
• Knowledge of industry trends and key drivers in the financial services industry
• Proven track record of hiring and developing technical talent, building teams and coaching them to success
• Experience with cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
• Experience managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
• Experience with contract and statement of work development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
• BS level degree or equivalent experience required, computer science, business or math background preferred
• Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT
• Experience using AWS platform services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
• Designing, building, and operating enterprise scale IT processes and infrastructures
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum or Kanban methodologies
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science
Is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and information, you authorize to transmit and store your information in the group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.