Senior Practice Manager - Global Telecommunications Practice
- United States
Senior Practice Manager- Global Telecommunications Practice
Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying network, enterprise applications, media and digital transformations within the telecommunications industry? Have you built and led successful, global IT consulting practices covering telecommunications customers? Do you have broad technical skills and experience to deliver AWS technologies and infrastructure solutions? Can you build and lead a global telecommunications technical specialty team to deliver new solutions and capabilities to our telecommunications customers?
In AWS Professional Services, we are looking for a Global Telecom Specialty Senior Practice Manager to accelerate our growing Telco cloud business and build a sub practice focused on top telecommunications accounts. This team will be technically deep in their specialty area and will build upon our ecosystem of services partners. The role will build and lead a team of global AWS telecommunications experts and travel internationally as needed to support our customers. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams to introduce new solutions and services portfolio to drive adoption of Cloud in top telecommunications accounts.
- Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and platform adoption for telecommunications customers on the AWS platform.
- Build and lead great teams - attract top IT architectural talent with telecommunications and media experience to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth.
- Develop partnerships - develop industry solution maps for the telecommunications specialty and engage the leading solution and system integration service providers.
- Learn and teach -build a global industry team of change agents for AWS telecommunications customer. Develop, train and support them in harvesting and publishing reusable assets and best practices to broader field and partner teams.
- Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
- Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the telecommunications sectors
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 20 or more years of progressive technology implementation experience in Telecommunications and Media industry vertical
• Outstanding customer relationship management, sales, delivery experience and collaboration skills
• Consulting practice leadership as manager of managers; P& L responsibility and developing critical competence build up with related goals/KPI's
• Lead cross functional project teams on high profile presales and delivery engagements
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges and solutions
• Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
• Familiarity with archive, disaster recovery and business continuity in global operations
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators
• International sales and delivery experience with global F 500 telecommunications customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top