Senior Practice Manager
Are you interested in working with the largest organizations in the world as they navigate through some of the most dynamic and disruptive transformation projects in their organization's history? Does the prospect of empowering these organizations cloud transformation success by aligning professional services to critical business and IT outcomes, overseeing and assessing engagement delivery, driving a holistic partner strategy and providing insight to accelerate rate of execution/adoption of cloud technology excite you?
At AWS, we are looking for a Senior Practice Manager with a successful record of leading enterprise customers through a variety of transformative projects involving IT Strategy, distributed architecture, and hybrid cloud operations
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability, as well as compute intensive big data analytics. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services.
- Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships. Develop trusted relationships with customer CIOs, CTOs, IT functional leaders and business sponsor executives. Lead the sales of Pro Service engagements, and build a growing business in a geographic territory, driving AWS Enterprise SaaS solution adoption.
Sell AWS SaaS implementation engagements - present compelling proposals to help customers develop a modern cloud-based SaaS model to drive business results. This includes short on-site projects proving the value of AWS services, on up to full enterprise level implementations across thousands of workstations / applications onto the AWS cloud.
Partner ecosystem - establish executive and technical relationships with key integrators (SIs), software vendors (ISVs) and managed services providers (MSPs) who are offering cloud based IT services and solutions. Deliver joint proposals and joint engagements to help partners succeed in large, complex customer engagements using AWS.
Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, technical sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS platform services such as Amazon Workspaces, WorkDocs, Workmail and the like.
Deliver value - oversee the high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
Lead great teams - attract and develop top IT architecture talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills. Lead and support a regional management team of practice managers who cover major metropolitan business centers in your region.
Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps. Influence roadmap changes to accelerate customer adoption and value.
- 15+ years of relevant enterprise IT sales and delivery oversight experience w/ global F500 customers and ecosystem partners
- 10+ years of relevant business development and sales experience including innovative agreements w/ integrators, ISVs and managed services providers
- 10+ years of third level management experience of professional services delivery teams in high growth technology sales environments;
- 8+ years of experience with all aspects of successful VDI solutions
- 5+ years of implementation of cloud based SaaS solutions
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to the enterprise cloud-based IT operating model including SaaS and Desktop as a Service
- Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions
- Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
- Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global implementations of SaaS solutions including VDI
- Technical thought leadership experience in one or more technology areas such as IT security, application development, infrastructure architecture, or IT operations.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas such as IT service management, cloud computing, or IT Strategy.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top