Senior PR Manager, National Media, North America
Amazon is seeking a self-motivated and creative communications professional to lead proactive and reactive media for North America Customer Fulfillment. The role is based in Amazon's offices in Seattle and will be supported by a team of 20 people who support media and community activity across the States on a regional basis. Travel will be an element of the role.
This leadership position will be responsible for driving all national media strategies, and community relations for Amazon's network of fulfillment and sortation centers. This role will manage an existing yet growing team and will work closely with the regional public relations leads to drive consistent and comprehensive messaging. This is a highly visible position that is a critical support to the company's operations leadership team in North America.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of national media contacts and relationships and the ability to establish communication programs that resonate with key audiences. They will be able to work at internet-speed, create and deliver major campaigns, a high level of creativity and extensive experience in dealing with various media formats. The ability to influence and support communications colleagues across the region and to work with a broad stakeholder groups from all levels of the organization will also be vital.
Joining an international communications team, the Senior PR MAnager, National Media will roll up her/his sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the initial remit.
The Senior PR Manager of National Media NA is a seasoned professional who has a track record of establishing communication programs that resonate with its audience. S/he draws on a comprehensive experience in corporate communications, crisis communication and issues management, community engagement and media relations.
In particular s/he will:
- Conceive and manage day-to-day media strategies across geographies, drive issues management & crisis communication.
- Develop and manage aggressive community relations activities, sustain broad CSR initiatives, in communities where Amazon has a presence, including charitable contributions.
- Work closely with Amazon's Public Policy team to engage influencers such as elected officials and regulators in understanding the high-quality aspects of Amazon FC associate jobs.
- Provide consulting/training to the NA OPS Leadership team and Fulfillment Center General Managers in crisis management and establish rock-solid processes across the organization for managing unforeseen situations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Strong communications leader with a proven track record (10+ years' experience) in multinational organizations with tens of thousands of hourly employees.
- Expertise in building high performing teams to achieve business objectives, drive internal alignment around top priorities and initiatives, manage change & crisis and promote the company's interest to public officials and community stakeholders.
- Experience partnering successfully with Human Resources to lead communications in support of labor negotiations, change management, benefit programs and other business priorities.
- Strong written and spoken English is imperative.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders: First and foremost, Snr PR Manager, NA Media will be an independent thinker who can make convincing, information-based arguments. With a strong bias for action, this individual will have an ability to work equally well with teams on the ground, executive management and external stakeholders.
- MBA/Masters Degree preferred.
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- High standard for customer obsession
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top