Senior PR Manager, AWS
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced public relations professional to join its Corporate Communications team in New York or DC as a Senior PR Manager. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, top tier media relationships, and is an expert communicator adept at translating complex technology concepts into stories people across the world want to hear and can understand. They are also always constantly ahead of the news cycle, have significant experience with issues management, and can execute high-judgment decisions, while acting quickly.
The AWS Senior PR Manager partners across the AWS business and provides strategic counsel to our business leaders in high-profile, global communications situations. This person will frequently be called on to be at the center of a cross-functional team working on a project basis, and must be comfortable working across a range of countries, cultures, and business units.
The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into business issues, to understand how they are shaping the redefining the world we live in, and then explaining these topics to top tier media in a way that they can write relatable, highly-informed, and accurate articles. They are motivated by a dynamic, highly creative culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will also have an opportunity to innovate new and interesting communications and influencer relations strategies.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
• Develop and strengthen relationships with business and technology journalists and influencers
• Regularly interact with senior leadership to develop and communicate AWS's top stories and strategic messages
• Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high-judgment and professionalism
• Write and edit press releases, bylined articles, blogs, pitches, and communications plans
• Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs to show the positive impact of AWS on customers, partners, and communities around the world- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns
• Support the development and execution of events and media engagements
This role is based in New York, NY or Washington, D.C. and requires periodic travel.
• Bachelor's degree
• 12+ years of communications, government relations, or journalist experience
• Enterprise technology PR (B2B) experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
• Experience with business-critical issues and reputational communications
• Strategic thinking, analytical, and organizational skills, while also staying on top of tactical execution
• Experience representing high-profile companies in fast-paced, complex environments
• Analytical, data-driven, evidence-based - but creative and adaptive in developing solutions
• Thrives in a collaborative environment
Back to top