Do you enjoy Penetration Testing software and services?
Do you strive to understand systems, software, and services deeply in order to compromise them?
Do you find yourself automating away your work every chance you get? Are you keen to learn new things and test some of the very latest technologies and AWS products?
Are you a technical leader who enjoys supporting and developing others?
Would you like to a change from consulting world of Penetration Testing and to join a team that's driving security innovation and improvement at AWS?
Do you enjoy leading projects and mentoring less experienced engineers?
If the answer to any of these is yes, we'd love to speak to you.
The EMEA Penetration Testing Team is looking to hire a Senior Penetration Testing Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team.
Our team is responsible for manual assessment of all products, features, services and software released by AWS. We specialize in diving deep to find security issues that static analysis tools and traditional testing approach can't.
The AWS attack surface area is large and diverse, and we use results found in manual analysis to help improve our enterprise-wide automation to proactively spot and fix potential security issues to protect customers.
Our Senior Penetration Test Engineers are leaders in their field. They are able to influence management practices and help shape the direction of AWS application security. This role is perfect for someone with both breadth and depth of technical ability who wants to be part of solving problems at scale.
This is a hands-on technical role that includes mentoring, guiding, and support of the whole team. In addition to developing better engineers, this role will help make changes to the way we work, advising on process and procedure to make the team better. That could be by developing tools, advising management, owning programmes, or something else entirely. We want smart, creative engineers who want to contribute to the entire team.
On this team you'll be writing proof of concepts (PoCs) to demonstrate the impact of issues. This is not a software development engineering nor is it a traditional Penetration Test position. You won't be socially engineering or writing enterprise-grade software, you will be diving deep into some of the latest AWS products and features and be able to script your way out of a problem.
If you're passionate about finding security vulnerabiliites, writing tools to enable more focus on manual testing, supporting and developing others and enjoy seeing your enhance the security posture of a target then we'd like you to help us solve some interesting and complex problems.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other related fields, from an accredited university. Equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional penetration testing, source code auditing, bug hunting, or CTF experience.
• Minimum of 3 year of experience in scripting in Python or other equivalent interpreted programming languages
• Minimum on 3 year of professional experience with security engineering practices such as in web application security, network security, authN/authZ protocols, cryptography, automation, and other software security.
• Experience with AWS technologies and services (e.g. S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, etc.)
• Experience with penetration testing, red teams, CTF (Capture The Flag), or bug bounties
• Experience with penetration testing tools
• Experience with source code auditing
• Experience with multiple programming languages
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.