Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space based systems design and wireless systems.
As a Sr. PCB Layout Engineer, you will participate in the definition and implementation of multiple spacecraft subsystems. This individual will contribute in all phases of system design and production. You must bring a combination of PCB design, assembly, test and fabrication knowledge, cross team functional interdependence, and demonstrable design process experience to the position. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• Work with the Electrical Engineering hardware team to provide PCB design services.
• Work with the Mechanical Engineering hardware team to design to fit into enclosures for integration into spacecraft
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years experience of PCB layout design using industry standard PCB design suites.
• 5+ years experience with high speed circuits.
• 5+ years experience managing multiple projects in parallel.
• 10+ years experience of PCB layout design using industry standard PCB design suites.
• Experience with using Mentor Xpedition
• Experience in developing and design for manufacturing of PCBs deployed in space environments.
• Experience with high current density designs.
• Experience managing 3rd party layout services.
• Experience testing and debug boards using standard electronics lab equipment.
• Knowledge of PCB failure modes and reliability in extreme environments.
• Experience as a technical lead for small teams of PCB design engineers.
• Experience developing IPC class 2 and 3 boards.
• Ability to collaborate with cross functional technical teams.
• Ability to participate in schematic and design reviews.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us