Senior Partnerships Manager, EU Reading Subscriptions
- Baltimore, MD
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission "to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices." This goal continues today, but Amazon's customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. We get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. We're a company of pioneers. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
Join the EU Reading Subscriptions team and be a part of the evolution of digital reading. We are looking for an experienced business builder to lead publisher relationships across digital and print magazines and newspapers in the UK and Germany plus own Kindle Unlimited business development strategy across Europe and Australia.
We are seeking a commercial, multi-dimensional professional to meet challenging business goals by working with publishers and leveraging business development opportunities. You should have a track record of successfully leading senior-level relationships and influencing others. You also should be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and thrive in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. This position can be based in either London or Munich.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strategic partner relationships with senior-level contacts.
• Influence internal and external stakeholders to secure buy-in for new ideas.
• Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to influence decision makers.
• Operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to design business terms with win-win impact, negotiate and close high level contracts with publishers.
• Comfort with developing working knowledge of operational/technical infrastructure.
• Cultivate publisher relations by earning trust, mostly by delivering results that foster publisher/title participation in new strategic initiatives that grow top and bottom line revenues, category margin and flywheel benefits.
• Translate category level goals into the day-to-day management of publisher accounts. Plan and deliver 2-3x business reviews with specific recommendations for involvement in strategic programs. Oversee operational execution for all marketing and program activities and drive workflow efficiencies.
• Connect customer-centric approach, industry knowledge, data, and operational know-how in the development and execution of new product and features. Lead cross-functional efforts and write appropriate docs to secure the proper support for new ideas. Negotiate key business terms with executive-level counterparts. Properly set and manage publisher expectations pre and post-rollout to ensure trust.
• Devise and implement business development strategy for Kindle Unlimited, identifying and acting on ideas to scale and grow across Europe and Australia.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in sales/account management/business development, ideally in ecommerce
• Magazine and newspaper industry experience is a plus
• German speaking
• French speaking
Back to top