Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Solution Architect, Enterprise Migrations, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function. As an Enterprise Migrations SA, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on our mass migration strategy to support organizations as they transition to the cloud working with a key strategic, global consulting partners.
AWS partners & resellers include the largest software and systems integration companies as well as hundreds of innovative software and services companies who are using AWS as their cloud platform of choice. This role will focus on working with a single, strategic consulting partner to define technical solutions. They will be responsible for accelerating the cloud migration journey for customers, including understanding business drivers, their current datacenter architecture, helping design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundation, and defining migration pathways. In addition, you will help drive pipeline and win projects to support large enterprises on their migration journey to AWS. The role will also involve working with the AWS partner migration program team to drive AWS migration, go to market, and delivery enablement activities.
This Solution Architect, Enterprise Migrations role leads migration assessment, readiness and deal technical strategy across the broader partner team. The Solution Architect, Enterprise Migrations must have the ability to train and mentor the partner and other AWS solution architects on the migration process, technologies and best practices. The ideal candidate will possess (1) both a business/sales background with a leading consulting or systems integrator that enables them development forward thinking initiatives which drive net new migrations to AWS services and (2) a strong technical understanding on the migration services, tools and pathways associated with a cloud migration journey. S/he is expected to not only create and conceptualize technical programs but also be able to manage the roll out through partners. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build strong industry relationships. In this day and age of customer obsession, it is critical that you possess or demonstrate the ability to build the right level of relationships across not just partners but players within the industry. This person is an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
• Engaging with C-level partner executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies showing thought-leadership and a 'can do' approach to enterprise migrations
• Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals
• Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.
• Assessing migration feasibility, identifying dependencies and overcoming obstacles
• Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the partner and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
• Act as a player-coach, leading the team but also actively leading partner engagements and deals
• Working alongside the AWS Partner Development Manager and AWS Partner SAs for the strategic partner to develop extensive executive and senior management relationships within partner organizations; being viewed as a "trusted advisor."
• Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition so that Partner executives clearly realize the financial benefits and transformational value to their customers business of migrating to AWS.
• Developing a multi-year commercial value proposition to support scale migrations to the Cloud with the strategic Partner.
• Help the Partner set up their business to manage large scale migrations, supporting their customers overall journey to the Cloud.
• Drive the co-development of new go-to-market solutions and opportunities with the partner.
• Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal AWS systems
• Up to 50% travel
• The right person will possess 10+ years IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in enterprise customer-facing roles or within a leading consulting company or systems integrator.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
• Experience in leading datacenter or cloud migration projects.
• High level of technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements
• Have the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements.
• Ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organization.
• Presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• BS level degree required
• Extensive experience architecting, designing and migrating workloads to an AWS Cloud environment
• Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools
• Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Agile execution, cloud migration factory
• Experience assessing and building cost models, migration patterns, resource model, project plan, and business cases
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.