As a solutions architect focused on Energy partners, you will have the exciting opportunity to build mindshare, establish customer and partner trust, and nurture adoption of the AWS cloud-computing platform across AWS's most strategic Energy business partners.
You will collaborate with some of the largest Global System Integrators, Regional Systems Integrators, and ISV's in the world to ensure they build scalable, secure, and high performance solutions on AWS. As the right candidate, you will possess the technical acumen that enables you to engage at all levels of an organization; as well the ability to dive deep and build cloud-optimized architectures.
You will be as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers as are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS partners, from well-established tech & consulting giants to innovative startups that were born in the cloud. You will author whitepapers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the global Solution Architect (SA) community within AWS. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
You should have deep experience working in the Energy industry building scalable, secure and compliant systems. Experience working directly with enterprise customers is required, and prior experience working with technology companies is a plus. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required.
50% domestic and international travel is required.
Location: Strong preference for this position to be in London area but can be virtual.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
• 8+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience.
• 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Working knowledge of cloud technologies.
• 2+ years' experience in the Energy/Utilities industry.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
• Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers).
• Experience communicating across internal and external organization.
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems, and networking connectivity.
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks.
• Experience with large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.