Do you like to solve complex technical problems? Do you want to find the next big thing in technology and empower partners to take full advantage of the cloud? Do you have a passion for globally scaling partner development programs? Then come help us make history!
This is the right role for you if you have been deep in Operations, DevOps or Application Development in the past, but want to focus on building, advising, and teaching our partner community through scalable and programmatic interactions. You will serve as the technical face of AWS to our partner community, specifically focusing on high potential partners chosen for a strategic investment program. Passion for new and progressive technology is an absolute requirement for this position.
The technical expectations for this role span a large area from distributed systems, CI/CD, database design, automation, storage, networking, and just about everything in-between.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work directly with AWS engineering teams to advise on product roadmap, assist with architecture design, guide their implementation and help promote their offerings. The role also has a scale component that can best be met with writing technical papers, participating in webinars, and speaking at technical conferences. Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement with focused AWS technology and system integrator partners, as well as managing technical enablement of our internal Partner Development teams.
You will possess deep technical skills in software architecture, continuous deployment, automation, and operations. Strong communication skills and the ability to speak to various audiences will help you succeed in this role!
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Support high scale partner development business team
• Advise partners on opportunities to grow their business in the cloud.
• Provide architectural guidance on migrating partner offerings to the cloud.
• Capture and share field lessons learned with internal engineering teams.
• Write technical white papers, blog posts, and provide specific technical guidance.
• Provide guidance to partner engineering teams.
• Promote partners internally and externally with webinars and speaking opportunities.
• Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 7+ years of hands on experience in design or deployment of IT infrastructure, application development, and/or systems administration
• 3+ years in a customer and/or partner facing technical consulting role
• Knowledge of Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS etc ) and software development lifecycle
• Experience with programmatic process development and implementation.
• Experience writing white papers, technical articles, or blog posts
• Past experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist
• Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, noSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS certifications
This position can be located anywhere we have an Amazon presence in North America.
Up to 40% travel required.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300 - $160,000;annually however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.