Senior Partner Manager Amazon Business EU B2B
- Munich, Germany
Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an on-going effort to fulfil its stated ambition of being earth's most customer-centric company. Since 2015, Amazon.com has started reinventing on behalf of the business customer and is focused on building Amazon Business, the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) store in the world, and we are recruiting the best of the best to continue making this vision a reality in the EU.
At Amazon Business, we are focused on building the world's most customer-centric B2B store. We build solutions to enable business customers to discover, research, and purchase products from a competitive marketplace with a vast selection, across multiple devices and regions, and with an increasing array of customer-centric features and integrations. Germany was the first country to launch Amazon Business outside US and we have since then rolled out to all 5 EU marketplaces including United Kingdom, France Italy and Spain were we already built a sizable customer base that ranges from sole traders to large Enterprises in a wide range of industries. To achieve the level of automation we desire for customers, the AB store requires a web of connections ("integrations") with a variety of purchasing, invoicing, and procurement-related solutions. The AB Partnerships team works with B2B companies to create this web of connections and integrated solutions that improves the end-to-end B2B purchasing experience.
We are looking for a high-caliber, results-focused business development executive with a talent for stakeholder management. This person will enjoy developing broad and strong relationships with external organizations and other parts of Amazon to find opportunities to grow Amazon Business. External B2B organizations may include eProcurement system providers, Invoicing solutions, consulting firms that undertake procurement-related work, trade associations, and travel and expense management software vendors. This individual will nurture and rapidly expand existing partnerships, establish new lead generation and customer acquisition opportunities, demonstrate results, and play an important role in shaping Amazon Business's partnership strategy in Europe.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify technology and commercial opportunities with partners, defining business cases to justify investment where required, and drive rapid progress from team in executing against these opportunities
• Work with a select group of new and existing partners to define and execute joint sales and Go to Market (GTM) programs in different EU regions.
• Engage assigned partners and their end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for Amazon Business.
• Set and manage partner revenue targets and work with Amazon Business sales organizations in EU to achieve/exceed goals.
• Manage a pipeline of partnership opportunities associated with assigned partner programs and solutions.
• Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings and joint partner solutions.
• Work with CRM systems, data warehousing, and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
• Prepare and give business quarterly business reviews to the senior management team. Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
• Collaborate with, and influence, sales, marketing, product managers and other internal stakeholders
Regarding the location, the candidate can work from Munich, London, Paris, Madrid or Milan.
For this position, we expect..
• University degree from a reputable institution; technical, business, or marketing degrees preferred.
• several years of experience working within the procure-to-pay community, with a deep understanding of the B2B ecosystem in Europe
• Strong program and project management skills.
• Track record of successfully owning, driving and managing partnerships and/or Global Enterprise Accounts against quarterly targets
• Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like eProcurement software, eInvoicing, and/or generic Software as a Service (SaaS) business models.
• Strong analytical capability and writing skills to frame opportunities and report on activities and results.
• Ability to prioritize, organize others and demonstrate discipline and personal influence to achieve goals.
Further Qualifications would be a plus..
• MBA from a top-tier school
• B2B business development experience, especially partner-based lead generation and customer acquisition in a SaaS company
• Exceptional English and any second language (German, French, Spanish and Italian) skills both verbal and written.
• A passion for technology and ensuring great customer experiences
• Experience in commercial negotiations
• Knowledge of one or more of the following would be beneficial: B2B procurement; eProcurement, eInvocing, and other source-to-settle software systems.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Back to top