Ring is seeking a Senior Operations Program Manager to join our growing Product Experience (PX) team to build user-centric, strategic mechanisms and processes for complex global device packaging and sustainability programs, technical and brand publications, and user education at scale.
You will manage top-to-bottom PX operations and have a passion for empowering people. You know how to make the appropriate trade-offs to decrease time-to-market and effectively gain alignment on goals, roles, and responsibilities. Additionally, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, championing efficiency across various functions. You'll work with Product Marketing, Product Management, Insights & Research, Finance, Channel Marketing, Sales, PR, and Legal to gain consensus to deliver highly cross-functional, global programs.
• Design, develop and drive the day-to-day operational management, including process, managing program governance plans, team goals, defining success criteria, operation efficiencies, resource management, and budgets
• Own and operate project intake, discovery, and scoping in order to set each program's goals, strategy, and process and drive positive outcomes for all packaging disciplines (engineering, design, content, program management)
• Manage product release plan and roadmap by working with internal stakeholders to execute, manage, and achieve success
• Define and guide decisions on the Variable Engagement Module (VEM) appropriate for the specific product, customer need, and launch schedule
• Identify gaps and process improvements, analyze key business performance metrics, create plans to mitigate and drive to closure in collaboration with the larger PX org and cross-functional teams
• Lead the development and implementation of enterprise-wide communication mechanisms, tools, and standards to support program management core competencies
• Manage relationships, deliverables, and negotiation of vendor agreements, authoring statements of work, and coordination between internal legal and finance groups for special projects
• Lead the 12-month strategic planning cycle, develop in-year and next year PX goals and program roadmap
• Create and drive connections within the larger operations UX community and company-wide UX community
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in business operations or program management in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• 10+ years of demonstrated experience in business operations or program management in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong leader and team member
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with technical and non-technical global, cross-functional groups across multiple levels of the organization
• Technically skilled in organizing and analyzing for accurate headcount forecasting and planning
• Comfortable transitioning between big picture, strategic thinking, and tactical day-to-day planning and execution
• Demonstrate leadership, able to show invention and innovation on behalf of customers
• Ability to work independently to define and contain complex problems, prioritize effectively, and deliver quickly
• Consistent track record of inspiring change that's resulted in increased impact and efficiency for customers
• Experience working across multiple time zones and geographies
• High attention to detail and ability to distill complex ideas into clear guidance and communications
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.