Senior Operations Manager(RBSNT)
- Manama, Bahrain
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in seven countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The RBS group in Chennai is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Roles and Responsibility:
You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting multiple categories that populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe (US, Canada, France, Germany, UK, China and Japan) to deliver to their requirements and work directly with the Category team to ensure the overall health of the processes is good. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
• Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels to define and deliver solutions for defect elimination
• Adapt to changing priorities and lead the change , open to new ideas and have relevance and moderation quality as the top focus
• Drives strategic business decisions by influencing key stakeholders/ category leaders using data and structured analysis
• Can think big and develop new ideas, nurture new ideas from the team and apply high standards to weed out those that are least valuable
• Contributes to building scalable automation that can deliver productivity benefits with joint ownership between tech and program teams for the function
• Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with technology teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis
• Has the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
• Develop the strategy and the management arrangements for key milestones, demonstrating solid progress against plan
• Owns end-to-end service delivery and planning, which includes infrastructure, staffing models, resource hiring, and optimizing utilization
• Owns Business Continuity Plan for the function
Key Performance Areas
• Manage the team of Managers and ensure high service delivery and execution
• People Management (leadership role, Category Lead, team management, floor control and retention)
• Defect Elimination
• Analyzing Trend.
• Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the Team
• Business Metrics improvement
Qualification & Experience:
• Fulltime MBA, with over 4 + years of experience of which a minimum 3 + years in managing people and interacting with customers / stake holders
• Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership, and lead a team to understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop improvement project plans for a segment of the business
• Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and drive root cause analysis
• Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion
• Articulate and able to communicate with employees at all levels across the organization, from front-line associates to executives through white papers as well as verbal communication
• Experience working with business teams globally
• Technical Background preferred
• (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
• To receive security clearance all candidates must undergo a background check
• Masters Degree/MBA(Ops/Strategy), Certification in Project Management/process excellence (PMP, Six Sigma)
• Experience with presenting to and influencing at all levels within a large, cross-functional organization.
• Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive projects and ensure closure within stipulated timelines
• To receive security clearance all candidates must undergo a background check.
Back to top