Senior Operations Manager
Worldwide Operations is looking for a passionate and talented Sr. Operations Manager supporting business expansion World Wide who will be responsible for creating and implementing process improvements and building the national infrastructure for delivery operations.
The manager will have a talent and passion for building new start-up businesses within the company along with a relentless desire to exceed customers' experiences while optimizing the overall cost-per-delivery model. A strong bias for action, strategic planning skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver new initiatives involving leadership across cross-functional operations, software development, business, and external contracting teams is essential. This position is part of a high-visibility initiative in the company and will include regular direct communications with senior leaders in the company.
- Driving global standardization of fulfillment practices, businesses processes, and reporting with fulfillment center, retail, finance, engineering, and supply chain stakeholders
- Forming cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
- Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, and cost metrics
- Partnering with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or 4+ years Amazon experience
- 10+ years' experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
- Preferred Qualifications
- MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
- Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top