Senior Operations Manager
Our Site Leaders are responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for an Amazon Pantry Fulfillment Center. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
- Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of either Inbound or Outbound operations.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other Sr. Operations Managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years' Amazon work experience
- 7+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top