Senior Operations Manager
- Gdańsk, Poland
Interested in improving the technology and features powering Alexa? Come work on it. We are building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Alexa-enabled products and services.
ADS' mission is to provide high-quality labelled data for machine learning (ML) technologies.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Operations Manager to join our team in Gdansk, Poland.
The Senior Ops Manager is accountable for the overall direction and operations of our Gdansk site, creating a culture of customer obsession, high performance and high quality throughput. With operations managers and team managers as direct reports this role enables the achievement of service levels, performance & cost goals and successful program implementation.
As the Senior Ops Manager, you are responsible for the performance management, goal setting and career development of their line reports to ensure effective succession planning is in place.
You work in an ever-changing environment where every day brings ambiguously defined problems, new challenges and new opportunities.
You are able to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work.
This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. People Management, cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
In this role, you will:
• Develop and drive the overall direction, coordination, service delivery and evaluation of Data Services operations activities
• Set the vision, direction and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets
• Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused operating plans for achievement of key measures
• Create a culture where accountability, transparency and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects is a standard operating practice
• Develop, implement, or change processes as necessary to allow ADS to scale at an accelerated pace, while managing cost and, without impacting customer experience
• Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and build career development road-map for site operations teams
• Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard "call of duty" to find creative solutions for our product issues; encourage risk-taking and advocacy on behalf of product teams.
• Create closed-loop feedback processes where data associates are encouraged to be active participants in identifying opportunities for improvements to customer experience, workplace conditions, and internal tools.
• Work with finance & operations leadership team to develop, support manage the annual expense budget and build collaborative relationships with partner organizations.
• Responsible for creating a coaching culture across the site where formal and informal coaching opportunities are availed of
• Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff
• Achieve site-wide improvements in Operations, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Customer experience and People metrics.
• Build partnerships with internal and external teams to collaborate and drive measurable improvements in areas that cause customer pain and data associate frustration.
• Improve the experience of the data associates & managers as measured by improvements in attrition and employee engagement surveys.
• Work with Operations Engineering leadership / Engineering managers to clearly articulate feature requirements for associate toolsets, user interfaces, and business logic for the efficient handling of work volumes.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Supply Chain, or Operations related fields
• Experience with people management and operations leadership
• Experience in a management role in a technical/customer service/data operations environment
• Experience of creating and contributing to strategic planning processes
• Experience in managing cost center
• Experience in leading large teams to high levels of performance
• Experience in developing future leaders and creating tailored succession plans
• Experience as a project owner / sponsor for strategic step change initiatives and enabling innovative thinking in project teams
• Experience working on MS Excel, analyzing data and presenting to senior management
• Master's degree
• Experience in leading speech data operations
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Demonstrated passion and obsession for customers while maintaining a lean, highly productive operation
• Experience hiring and developing great people/leaders
• Experience in building a culture of empowerment, accountability and continuous improvement
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Proven ability to think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team and creates an environment that fosters creative thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all organizational levels
• Proven ability to make and implement decisions
• Degree in management or linguistics field desirable
Back to top