Senior Operations Manager
- Leduc, Canada
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our Fulfillment Centers throughout the United States. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
• Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of operations.
• Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
• Leverage the managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
• Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
• Own building safety and facilities initiatives
• Work closely with support staff (HR, Finance, IT and other business leaders) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
• Actively seeks solutions and provides trends & feedback to the operations manager and senior management team to drive technology and operational improvements; interface effectively with internal development teams and service owners
• A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
• US citizen or permanent resident
• 7+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
• Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
• Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
• Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top