Our AWS Data Centers runs critical IT infrastructure, it requires a reliable supply of uninterrupted cooling and power at all times, in order to deliver continuous uptime availability for our customers. We are growing our team in Germany and are looking for a Regional Facility Operations Manager (Cluster Manager) to join us in Frankfurt.
You will lead a team of Facility Managers across the region and oversee the best in class operations and maintenance of the mechanical and electrical infrastructure for data centers in AWS Cloud region. Our Regional Facility Operations Managers are highly driven, self-managed individuals who demonstrates initiative mindset, proactively seeks solutions to problems and strive for operational excellency.
In this role you will:
Safety: Set and maintain the highest standard for safety and actively promoting a world-class safety culture.
People Management : Be a manager of managers to a wide group of skilled facility professionals:
- Hire, manage, develop and coach a team of line-level facility management staff
- Effectively collaborate with other department leaders including Finance, Safety, HR, Recruiting.
- Manage vendors and vendor contracting negotiations
- Execute strategic preventative maintenance and corrective break-fix planning on mission-critical infrastructures. Review and approve equipment maintenance and repair processes and procedures as well as the ability to tactfully drive continuous organizational change management.
- Preparing for and leading the organization through facility infrastructure incident management plan. This includes event planning, drill coordination, leadership escalation, incident mitigation, and post event reporting and follow up.
We LOVE DATA so be sure to send us a detailed Cv to tell us your career journey!
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant mechanical or electrical field.
- 5+ years of relevant management experience (seasoned manager of managers)
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.Experience in mission-critical operations environment (e.g. nuclear facility, high technology manufacturing, healthcare, aviation maintenance, oil and gas) preferably linked to a 24/7 uninterrupted operations.
- Operational experience & familiarity with electrical OR mechanical equipment, including Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS's), Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS's), Diesel Generators, Chillers, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), Exhaust Fans, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's), and Transformers
- Expert knowledge of data center mechanical, electrical, and controls systems.
- Ability to operate independently as a manager of a geographically distributed Infrastructure Operations management team.