Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery; Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is searching for a Senior Operations Engineer to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering the next generation of world-class systems. In this position, Senior Operations Engineers will need engineering experience in the integrated project life-cycle, including development, design, implementation, enhancement, and support.
As a Senior Operations Engineer for Amazon, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design, development, and delivery of systems around the globe. The individual will lead initiatives and complex cross-functional projects or programs in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. The Senior Operations Engineer integrates systems for safety, security, stability, and efficiency. The role will require participation in the full system development life-cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and solution quality needs.
• Lead and manage the life-cycle of complex cross-functional projects with considerable impact (projects may span organizations or geographies in support of a business objective)
• Define projects (scope, delivery, budget), set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements to metrics, and influence resource allocation
• Define systems in your project space, their limitations, performance factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind design intent and decisions
• Responsible to deep dive technical solutions that encompass advanced technology applications, conveyor hardware selection, material handling integration, and vendor commissioning content and expectations
• Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout
• Lead and actively participate in design reviews and communicate future impacts of proposed solutions on an individual system or its components, on the overall systems architecture, and on facility processes
• Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
• Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple projects
• Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams within a geographic node
• Develop cross-functional knowledge of Operations and Engineering team systems, processes, procedures, and tools
• Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high-quality, cost-effective solutions in very short periods of time
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or related field
• 6+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation
• Master's degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field
• Operations Management/Distribution Center experience
• Knowledge in Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
• Experience in technical leadership for industrial engineering projects or programs
• Experience in technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects or programs
• Knowledge in project management and implementation
• Knowledge in Logistics, Distribution or Fulfillment processes
• Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook
• Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.