Senior Operation Integration Consultant
- Flexible / Remote
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly experienced consultants specializing in Operations Integration to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our experienced consultants help our enterprise customers understand, plan, and implement best practices around managing and operating their AWS cloud environments. Our consultants deliver operational integration strategic roadmaps, proof-of-concept projects, reusable artifacts, reference architectures, operating model transformations, and lead implementation projects to assist some of the world's leading enterprises in the integration of new, or their existing, operational toolsets with the AWS platform. Professional Services engagements focus on key customer solutions in large enterprises, assisting them in integrating and enhancing their enterprise operational processes and tools.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization, including access to AWS product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for:
• IT professionals experienced in operational support for applications, either on-premises or in the cloud
• Experts in ITSM/ITIL process implementation and management
• Cloud Transformation leaders wanting to go deep on Cloud Operating Models, operations capabilities and experience significant cloud migration projects
• Application Architects wanting to gain ability to bring operations into their infrastructure-as-code skillsets
• Product Managers and Program managers wanting to develop consulting solutions related to IT Operations
• Cloud (Public, Private, Hybrid) experts looking to build technical depth on the AWS platform
• Experts in key operational tools (such as Splunk, ServiceNow, Puppet etc.) and AWS Management Tools (Cloud Watch, Config etc.) wishing to develop their abilities to integrate with and manage AWS environments
This is a customer facing role. You may be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Maintaining domain knowledge and expertise in mainstream enterprise operations management concepts and tooling
• Lead discussions with C-level executives on operating model and operations transformations
• Collaborate with customer's IT operations management team and relevant stakeholders on strategic direction, priorities, and progress
• Implementing and extending frameworks and methodologies commonly used by enterprises to achieve operational maturity
• Architecting large-scale solutions, which integrate smoothly in hybrid operating models for existing operational infrastructure functions
• Reviewing customer's ITSM/ITIL processes such as Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management, and recommend process enhancements based on AWS best practices
• Survey customer's operational tooling including backup/restore, disaster recovery, monitoring, and provisioning tools, and recommend add-ons, integrations, or replacements to streamline operations in AWS
• Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements, specifically focused on Operations Transformations
• Oversee implementation activities by AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architects and customer technical staff when developing operational capabilities
• Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services. Contribute to best practice in the form of whitepapers and playbooks
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or 8+ years of relevant professional or military experience.
• 5+ years of experience building sophisticated and automated operational management platforms in a Cloud or On-Premises environment, particularly building service integration capabilities between multiple platforms
• Experience leveraging Application Delivery frameworks and approaches (COTS, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, Waterfall)
• Qualified in ITIL, TOGAF or similar ITSM frameworks, particularly focused on Service Operations or Service Transition
• 5+ years of hands-on experience working on the design, development and deployment of an enterprise supporting systems at a global scale
• Cloud Consulting experience using public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the business, product, and technical challenges of operating enterprise production environments
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT implementation and operations experience
• Experienced with the use of automation in the context of IT operations (change, monitoring, release, disaster recovery etc.)
• Experience working with or for IT Managed Service providers
• Previous experience implementing and managing Enterprise SIEMs and/or Operational Data Warehouse systems where logs, alerts, event info etc. are forwarded to, processed and stored
• Implementation of showback and chargeback systems in large enterprise IT environments, including on-going cost optimization corrective actions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top