Senior NPI and Sustaining Operations Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. We began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo. What will you help us to create?
This position (NPI and Sustaining Ops Mgr) is responsible for delivering all products from development to launch and manage them through sustaining period to end of life. The scope of responsibility for this position covers various aspects of operation functions including operation program manager, materials program manager and factory operations in both NPI and sustaining stage.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Attend NPI core team meetings and factory builds on site to keep track of program schedule
• Manage CMs to ensure the material and production readiness to support the new product development
• Track material clear to build status and solve material shortage escalations from CMs
• Managing supply chain flexibilities against demand fluctuation to meet all customer shipments on time
• Drive solutions to eliminate material shortage and excess situation through the product lifecycle to reduce the potential cost and exposure
• Bring up new supply base operational capabilities to support the cost and sourcing strategy
• Be able to work cross-functional with other organizations building strong relationships within Amazon
• Travel required, up to 30%, with a majority being local travels
• Bachelor degree or higher level education preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - both in Mandarin and English
• 6+ years' experience in the supply chain organization of a consumer market segment company
• Experience in program management working with engineering, quality and other cross functions
• Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
• Ability to prioritize effectively to manage multiple, changing priorities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
• Knowledge of the CE products, components and manufacturing process are preferred
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to roll up sleeves
• Demonstrated examples of leadership and ability to influence
Back to top