Senior Modernization Architect
- Flexible / Remote
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to drive enterprise transformation. You will partner with AWS delivery teams, service teams, partners, and customer engineering teams to develop and execute highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer migration use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Modernization Solutions team helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and build multifaceted offerings and solutions from our rapidly growing portfolio of AWS products and technology platforms that are used globally by AWS Professional Services and our APN Partners to accelerate our Enterprise customers' outcomes. You will help shape and execute a strategy to deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Containers provide a standard way to package your application's code, configurations, and dependencies into a single object. Containers share an operating system installed on the server and run as resource-isolated processes, ensuring quick, reliable, and consistent deployments, regardless of environment.
Serverless Computing allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about infrastructure or server-based operations. With serverless computing, your application still runs on servers, but all the server management is done by AWS. At the core of serverless computing is AWS Lambda and API Gateway. These powerful capabilities build on the wider serverless ecosystem of tools including Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Cognito, AWS Step Functions, Amazon SQS and SNS, Amazon Kinesis, AWS IoT, Amazon S3, etc.
In this role, you will be part of a team that develops customer solutions, service offerings, communities of practice, and prescriptive guidance to accelerate customer value through modern application development platforms, patterns, and practices. The team will identify barriers to enterprise adoption and develops repeatable strategies and mechanisms to overcome these barriers. Increasingly, developers are moving to a "cloud native" application development approach.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with AWS field teams, service teams, pre-sales, specialist Solution Architects, partners and support teams to help partners and customers learn and build modernization offerings around Containers, Serverless, Microservices, decomposing databases to modern data architectures.
• Design Customer Solutions to accelerate the adoption of Amazon Elastic Container Service, Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry, and AWS App Mesh by building packaged offerings.
• Build the feature definition and roadmap development and prioritization for offerings.
• Define business metrics and guide the broader display business with data. Represent the quality and growth of creatives in organization-wide business reviews and documents.
• Work with Global Migration team, AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps and improving migration program success.
• Work with peers in the Modernization Practice to develop cross-functional ability to augment each other's roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• 8+ years background in application development and devops practices
• 5 years experience in working with customers who are deploying cloud solutions
• 2+ years experience with event driven architecture or microservices
• 2+ years hands on experience with Serverless technologies or working with technologies such as: Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, MQ, and/or Step Functions
• Understanding of cloud-native architectures, container orchestration, microservices and operational best practices in the cloud.
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Computer Science or Engineering background
• Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
• Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Cloud certifications
• Exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
• Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, blogging, writing on technical forums, etc.
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top