Senior Mobile UX Designer
Do you want to invent the future? Are you totally customer obsessed? Would you love to make technical tools easier and more fun for people to use?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is looking for a Senior UX Designer to create the interaction and visual design for a new product from the very early stages.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. We want to make it easy for new customers to get started, and for existing ones to manage their cloud resources.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality results. You will live in the world of "How might we" and produce work that others think impossible. You will argue passionately for the customer and work collaboratively to understand the technology and drive delivery. You will be measured on how the final product meets customer needs and drives business value.
Amazon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. You will need to be comfortable with some ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource-constrained environment.
- An online portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in UI design
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Principal, Framer, and the Adobe suite
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- Fluency with user interface patterns especially, mobile UI trends
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android native patterns
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Experience working in a tight design cycle; i.e., collaborating with the development team that will bring designs to life
- Ability to collect, synthesize and react to feedback from colleagues of all roles and levels
- Excellent communication skills and great attitude, enjoy engaging with multiple stakeholders to understand and solve challenges
- Experience communicating interaction and visual design ideas with modern visual prototyping tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and guide discussion about design direction and rationale
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top