Senior Mgr, Real Estate- Physical Stores
- Roseville, CA
Are you passionate about working on the forefront of physical retail stores innovation? Our team is made up of entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders - all focused on creating stores that our customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
Amazon Physical Stores is seeking an experienced real estate leader, who is highly analytical, with a strong process orientation, and possessing experience in a broad variety of commercial real estate venues. This position will report to the Vice President Real Estate.
In this role the selected candidate must be the subject matter expert on retail property land possession. This individual will have responsibility for directing the team charged with the site identification, feasibility evaluation, entitlement, and acquisition in support of our Physical Stores.
The ideal candidate must be able to effectively partner with our Real Estate Strategy and Planning Team in driving continuous learning and constant evolution into the real estate site selection models and methodologies utilized to improve decision making efforts.
In addition, this candidate must have a demonstrated proficiency in identifying, sourcing, and managing regionally based third party specialists (real estate brokers, appraisers, engineers, and attorneys).
• Plans and organizes effective procedures for real estate deals for lands or properties and easements, options, agreements, permits over lands
• Continuously review real estate processes to identify areas for process improvement to effectively process deals thru internal approval as quickly as possible
• Makes recommendations for property use and disposal of surplus properties
• Ensure compliance with the process, quality and timeliness of real estate deals, analysis, submittal, approval and finalization of all land deals
• Responsible for the oversight of all contract management and detail follow up
• Manage contract timelines - earnest money requests and end of due diligence period management
• Liaise between sub-contractors, consultants, real estate brokers, governing agencies, utility companies and other individuals and agencies relating to purchase and development
• Oversee all the budgeting processes for due diligence and entitlement
• Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Land Use Planning, Geography, or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years' broad-based corporate real estate experience with 10+ years of people management experience
• Minimum of 10 years leading a real estate land acquisition group within a U.S.-based retail focused enterprise
• Demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated competency of working closely with internal & third-party real estate strategy and planning teams aimed at successfully introducing data-driven analytical forecasting tools into the real estate site evaluation and selection process
• Process-driven leader capable of innovating and simplifying processes that scale
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work well with all levels of management and provide contextually appropriate data that contributes to key strategic decision-making exercises
• Demonstrated ability and experience negotiating complex land rights agreements including expertise in the development of innovative and efficient land acquisition practices for capital projects
• Demonstrated experience in exercising the laws of eminent domain and experience in the public hearing process for the condemnation of land rights
• Results oriented
• Thinks strategically - buts stays on top of tactical execution
• Analytical rigor - can dive deep into analyses and stands up auditing mechanisms to insure delivery of results
• Expects and requires innovation of his/her team
• Exhibits excellent judgement
• Relentlessly high standards and attention to detail
• Hires and develops great people
• Strong ability to work within a team setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top