Are you an experienced Program Management leader interested in an opportunity to help drive Amazon's flywheel and develop your A to Z business understanding? Do you enjoy driving a global roadmap, delivering critical launches in support of customers? The Global Accounts Receivable (GAR) AR Launch team is seeking a creative and passionate program management leader to help achieve our vision to provide a world-class Order-to-Cash (O2C) experience to our global business partners in support of Amazon's journey to become earth's most customer-centric company. We love to offer our customers unique world-class experiences, and we invite you to help Amazon make history!
This senior leader will be responsible for hiring and leading a team to deliver highly-complex, critical projects for the accounts receivable work stream at a global scale. This role will support the quickly growing AWS space and own prioritization, understand complex business needs, ensure accurate requirements are captured and implemented, make required trade-offs, see around corners, influence partner teams and stakeholders, and drive efficiency. The right individual will be an owner in accounts receivable, and will dive in to learn the AWS space to quickly make difficult decisions and mitigate risk. They will partner across technical, operational, business, and finance teams to prioritize and deliver the most critical technical needs for our AWS customers.
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and owner with deep knowledge of program management, demonstrate strong relationship and strategic influencing skills, be experienced in large scale change management across functions and geographies, and exhibit a relentless pursuit for improvement. This individual must have a proven record of delivering results through strong program management skills, problem solving skills, influencing, strong ability to prioritize, and a passion for customer experience.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Hiring, developing and managing a diverse team of bar-raising Program Managers to create a pipeline of future Amazon program leaders while building an inspiring, high-performance environment that attracts internal and external talent.
• Developing a deep understanding of Amazon's Finance Operations systems and processes
• Proactively identifying and mitigating program risks and obstacles by collaborating closely with business partners and key tech and non-tech stakeholders. This includes effectively communicating with, and influencing, senior, VP-level stakeholders across multiple parts of the organization.
• Driving effective teamwork, communication collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Ensuring consistent and efficient execution of programs and projects, which adhere to governance and project methodology frameworks, delivering high-quality, scalable solutions within aggressive timelines.
• Overseeing comprehensive testing of systems changes and development of standard operating procedures, process documentation and performance metrics
• Managing process transitions/implementations across multiple functions and geographies
• Motivating and influencing business, operational and technical teams to ensure that best practices are followed and implemented
• Addressing barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination with stakeholders
• Continually strengthening effectiveness with a relentless focus on identifying and delivering innovative, 'think-big' improvement opportunities which step change accounts receivable capabilities.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 7+ years of experience in program or project management
• 7+ years of experience managing teams
• 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• 3+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in Finance Operations (AR preferred, AP or accounting)
• 3+ years of experience in process definition, having taken a process from concept to execution
• Prior experience in a Program Management or Project Management role on a global scale
• Previous experience supporting Finance projects
• PMP or willingness to obtain certification
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to travel (infrequently)
• International experience at a multinational organization a plus
• Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques a plus
• Independent and entrepreneurial style showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• B2B industry experience a plus
• Experienced people manager with demonstrated development of a team
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.