Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help Media and Entertainment (M&E) customers leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform to bring digital transformation for their video and content workloads in the cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of cloud services, building and implementing solutions on top of the AWS platform?
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect for M&E will be responsible helping customers accelerate their own success in the AWS Cloud. This builder position will join the Professional Services delivery team focused on AWS' most critical video, content and media customer requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS with the biggest customers in the Media and Entertainment industry. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and business development as well as representing your team to executive management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform for video, content and media workloads.
• Interact with our customers to ensure design, integration, quality, and deployment expectations are met / exceeded; work closely with AWS pre-sales technical teams, to ensure solutions are well-architected and can be successfully delivered.
• Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Coordinate and lead internal solution design review processes.
• Publish and present solutions in large forums of peers and customers.
• Act as a technical liaison with third-party vendors to understand integration requirements and implement custom solutions.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• 5+ years of experience in the Media & Entertainment industry
• Deploy and drive solutions for digital content workflows for Games, Feature Films, Animated Series, Commercials, and Visual Effects
• Experience with SDI, UHD, 4K, Video over IP, Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production technologies and standards
• Experience in architecting and developing Live Video, Production, Post-Production workflow solutions using industry solutions (e.g.
• Experience in creating and migrating the content creation workflows of Visual Effects (VFX), Animation, and Craft Edit into secure Studio in the Cloud.
• Experience in using Media Services to prepare, process and transport video.
• 3+ years' experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
• 2+ yrs experience working in Agile engagements involving Scrum Teams
• Experience in supporting the definition of cloud adoption strategies for large scale media and broadcast workflow solutions and use cases
• Experience in developing roadmaps for strategy and program realization across content creation workflows, media workflows, and cloud transformation initiatives
• Experience developing customer centric design recommendations and managing the delivery of technical solutions and platform transformations on Cloud
• Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
• AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
If in CA and/or virtual, include both of the following:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.