Senior Marketing Manager, Payments
- Fukuoka, Japan
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic ? Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Come join our marketing team and help define the course of the emerging payments business in Amazon Pay
Amazon's vision is to enable customers globally to find, discover, and buy anything online. Amazon Pay is Amazon's global brand for payments, launched in India through Amazon Pay India Private Limited ( APIPL).Amazon Pay's vision is to be the most trusted , convenient and rewarding payments service for customers, merchants and sellers. The emerging payments vertical in Amazon Pay has the ambitious charter of launching a wide range of innovative Amazon Pay branded payment products across credit card and lending programs.
We are looking for a smart, results-oriented marketing manager to drive effective Bank Partnerships marketing , 1P instruments .The successful candidate will be responsible for the product branding and communication strategy , mining customer insights and payment behavior from data, planning and executing best in class on-site merchandising strategies and driving online and offline marketing channels. This role is based in Bangalore.
The Marketing Manager will be the single threaded leader who will partner with the Emerging Payments leadership to translate the voice of the customer to actionable insights . The manager will also play a key role in sharpening the product construct to enhance the customer value proposition. He or she will propose, plan and execute new go to market initiatives to drive awareness/preference/trial with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve the adoption goals . This person may need to set goals for cross-functional projects that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams, program teams and category teams to execute.
Technical requirements include proficiency in Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools like Content Symphony and Data Warehouse quickly. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, manage uncertainties that arise and work well with multiple teams. The ideal candidate will be innovative, internally motivated and will have some experience with site merchandising and managing online marketing channels. Any brand management experience is an added bonus
Ongoing responsibilities include:
• Managing multiple internal as well as external partnerships
Structuring surveys, interviews, customer immersions etc. to learn about customer needs and behavior
• Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
• Planning and executing the yearly/quarterly/monthly marketing calendar. This includes working with the marketing teams across Amazon Pay merchants and payment partners to align on the target customer definition, mapping specific customer segments with the relevant customer value proposition and aligning on co-marketing goals.
• Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team
• Drive online marketing channels such as SEO, SEM, Display and Affiliates/Associates in coordination with respective channel managers
• Drive offline marketing channels for BTL activation, with merchants and payment partners
• Drive preference for banks to pool in a larger sum for the events
• Strong communication skills and high standard of written English
• Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
• Strong bias for action and ability to influence without direct authority
• Demonstrated ability to be fungible across marketing and program management roles
• Demonstrated ability to start from zero, develop customer behavior understanding and use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segment recommendations
• Capability to meet our technical requirements, which include proficiency in Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly
Back to top