Senior Marketing Manager, Banking & Capital Markets, AWS Financial Services
- Wenatchee, WA
Amazon Web Services is seeking a data-driven, creative, and results-oriented marketing executive to develop, lead, and execute AWS's global marketing strategy and execution for the Banking and Capital Markets segments, as part of our overall Financial Services industry marketing team. This will a critical and highly visible role in AWS, and will be an integral member of the leadership team for Banking and Capital Markets. As such, the role will develop and execute a holistic marketing strategy across all areas of our organization (Sales, Product, Marketing, Media Relations, Analyst Relations, Business Development, Partner/Alliances, etc.).
As a critical member of the team, your main responsibility will be to develop specific and compelling messaging, content, and programs for the Banking and Capital Markets segments. Your goal is to educate and engage key technology and business personas with a unique point of view that differentiates AWS from competitors. Additional responsibilities include providing the AWS value proposition for ecosystem partners, be a go-to subject matter expert for our AWS sales teams, and drive/execute campaigns that position AWS as the leading cloud service provider and strategic partner to the Banking and Capital Markets segments.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the Banking and Capital Markets segments, specifically how these institutions operate, the challenges they face, and what factors influence their short-, medium-, and long-term decision-making. Additionally, the ideal candidate has a passion for technology and how it can be used to create business outcomes in financial services, an innate ability to transform complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand messaging and materials, and the ability to build and improve scalable mechanisms for managing our work. Comfort with and experience in a highly data-driven marketing organization is a must as is the ability to be flexible and adaptable. In addition, the ideal candidate will be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, it is important that you enjoy what you do (and it shows), be creative, and take on any challenge to drive impact and results for our customers.
This position must sit in London, UK only.
As the Senior Marketing Manager, Banking and Capital Markets, you will be responsible to:
• Build and execute AWS' marketing strategy for the global Banking and Capital Markets industry. Own the development of all Banking and Capital Markets messaging, value propositions, core content, customer references, and go-to-market strategies within AWS Financial Services. You will regularly engage with the senior leaders of our financial services business unit and marketing organizations to develop and communicate how AWS benefits and transforms the Banking and Capital Markets segments.
• Utilize AWS service and solution messaging and related content to develop and deliver consumable, highly impactful sales tools to the AWS field sales team that articulate the value and differentiation of the AWS service portfolio for Banking and Capital Markets customers.
• Ensure quality standards are met for all materials produced and released to the AWS field. As this is a global role, content needs to be globally scalable while also meeting the needs of the local markets.
• Develop, support, and/or deliver keynotes at industry conferences and tradeshows, positioning AWS as the leading cloud provider for Banking and Capital Markets. You will ensure that we have the right content prepared for this, and that you work with through senior leadership to communicate that content to the industry in the highest impact way.
• Engage and plan with our partner team and community to develop core messaging and related content for our top Banking and Capital Markets ecosystem partners.
• Develop thought leadership content that influences business decision-makers in the Banking and Capital Markets segments.
• Regularly engage with the cross-functional Financial Services organization to assess field needs and prioritize the development of selling tools, field events, and related materials.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as industry marketing, product marketing, technical marketing, technical pre-sales, management consulting, or product management within the Banking and/or Capital Markets segments.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, and/or relevant field of study such as computer science and/or cloud computing.
• Experience crafting compelling messaging, positioning, and marketing content.
• MBA and/or computer science, engineering, cloud computing background.
• Built and/or deployed cloud computing related workloads/solutions or brought them to market.
• Experience with launching new and disruptive products and services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top