Senior Marketing Manager, Alexa Voice Service
Are you the kind of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because no one has done what you're doing? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions and a successful track record of defining and executing go-to-market (GTM) campaigns in a technology market? Interested in Alexa—the brain behind Amazon Echo—and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Come work on it! Bring your marketing creativity and passion for technology to the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) Partner Marketing team and help our third party partners bring to market products and services with Alexa functionality that delight customers.
The AVS Partner Marketing team is looking for an experienced, creative, strategic thinker to join our team as Senior Marketing Manager. In this role you will be challenged to innovate and pioneer customer marketing approaches as you 1) help our third party partners bring to market great devices and services, 2) help drive customer conversion and adoption of Alexa on those devices and 3) define a scalable strategy for executing joint-marketing programs and campaigns to and through our third party partners. This role will be critical as the AVS team works with third party companies to build Alexa functionality into their products and services. You will bring your enthusiasm and talent for creating innovative go-to-market programs to this role and be on the forefront of the evolution of "voice-first" interaction with devices and applications.
Candidates will have entrepreneurial spirit, a successful track record in partner marketing, marketing communication, product marketing and/or solution marketing with direct experience driving joint-marketing plans with major brand partners. Candidates will have demonstrated the ability to drive new customer acquisition for newly-introduced consumer products including developing performance marketing campaigns, defining campaign success metrics and developing rock solid reporting and insights.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Collaborate with partners to jointly define, develop, execute and analyze high-impact go-to-market campaigns including timelines, channels, merchandising, promotion, customer value prop/messaging, campaign goals and campaign measurement.
- Work closely with Business Development and Product Management to identify and prioritize leading third party partnersfor execution of co-marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with Business Development, PR, Product Management, UX, Brand, Legal, Category Leads, Retail teams and other Amazon stakeholders to influence key decisions and ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the drivers of purchase behavior (acquisition), customer activation (engagement) and habitual usage of Alexa (retention) and translate those insights into innovative go-to-market programs, campaigns and promotions.
- Represent Amazon when meeting with senior executive teams of key partners as well as establishing and building a strong, collaborative relationships with partners through the go-to-market and customer activation lifecycle.
- Establish a body of partner testimonials, case studies and success stories that be shared and highlighted through digital channels and key partner events.
- Own cadence and process for ongoing measurement of co-marketing activities, definition of critical success metrics and measurement methods as well as reporting to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Manage engagement with external agencies including drafting campaign briefs, overseeing creative development, and all other aspects of the process including cost negotiations, schedule management, approvals, research and analysis.
- Report weekly on our success metrics including performance of launch, acquisition and retention campaigns in weekly business reviews.
- Manage co-marketing budget including forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis.
ABOUT ALEXA AND THE ALEXA VOICE SERVICE
Alexa is the brain behind Echo, the Amazon device designed around your voice that answers your questions, plays your music, reads the news you care about, checks sports scores or the weather, and much more—instantly. Just ask! The vision for Alexa is to build the Star Trek computer in the cloud and enable customers to access it from a range of devices. The Alexa Voice Service is the set of APIs and services that allows device makers and application developers to add intelligent voice control for Alexa's growing list of capabilities to any connected product that has a microphone and speaker.
You've read this far and you're excited about the possibilities…now let us hear from you!
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in consumer or audience marketing
- Experience using customer research, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, generate credible forecasts, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs.
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Experience launching new and disruptive programs
- Experience launching and building consumer-facing brands—preferably in consumer products, media or e-commerce industries
- Track record of delivering consumer-focused marketing campaigns in technology marketing
- Deep expertise in customer targeting, acquisition marketing, engagement marketing, and/or targeting methods
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams to deliver projects, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, and operations
- A strong, decisive, action-oriented leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate recommendations to senior leaders and influence stakeholders.
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks Ambitious to get the job done.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects, and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities of a rapidly evolving business.
- Strong analytical skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top