Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Space Hardware
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will lead the development of line layouts for various subsystem builds to identify and specify facility layout and utility requirements. This individual will work closely with engineering teams in specifying and building or procuring line equipment for Kuiper hardware builds. The successful candidate has extensive experience in supporting the full development cycles of space hardware through development, QTP (qualification test procedures), and flight hardware ATP (acceptance test procedures).
• Working with engineering teams plan line layouts for Assembly, Integration & Test, to intended throughput capacities.
• Material flow planning and manufacturing process definition subsystems and vehicle level, build & test.
• Develop manufacturing processes for automated quality SPC.
• Specify and procure various assembly equipment and systems to meet program development requirements
• Interface with facilities personnel in site development and all utility requirements definition.
• AIT takt time & cost optimization planning
• Definition & implementation of Work Order and automated documentation processes.
• DFM review and sign off for design release
• Assist in hiring personnel (engineers and technicians) related to above tasking.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing/Mechanical/Aerospace/Industrial/Electrical) or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the development of manufacturing systems for space hardware.
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience in planning and standing up manufacturing operations.
• 3+ years of experience in development and implementation of operations control documentation processes.
• 3+ years of technical leadership role in facilities and operations setup.
• Experienced with various automated manufacturing processes, including assembly and test methods at component level, subsystem, and system level.
• Experienced with handling and tracking systems for continuous material flow to manufacturing lines.
• Highly familiar with QTP/ATP and production test methods, and automated data acquisition and collection.
• Formal training/certification in Operational Excellence Systems (Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, etc.) a plus.
• Strong organizational, analytical, root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• CAD experience (NX), PFMEA experience, GD&T knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top