Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We are expanding a group that transforms the way manufacturing is performed in one of Amazon's market segments. This is an industry shaping group that will lead significant cost and cycle time reduction. We are looking for a senior Manufacturing quality and/or Process Leader/Engineering professional, who is a hands-on individual to design, scale up, and continuously optimize manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing concepts inclusive of DFX feedback to HW design. This is a great career opportunity getting in on the ground floor of an initiative that continues to expand globally. This position will be influential in how the manufacturing processes and operations are supported, designed and executed. The person in this position will lead cross functional projects with internal groups and upstream vendors looking at the entire value stream to optimize cost and cycle time for our customers.
• Apply technical knowledge and statistical tools to develop, characterize, and optimize processes
• Design or provide input to design tooling fixtures and semi-automated systems to aid in manufacturing at lowest cost and shortest cycle time
• Develop systems and metrics to monitor progress and highlight opportunities of improvement in cost and cycle time
• Continuously assess process capabilities and innovate to simplify processes, reduce cost, and shorten cycle time
• Train production teams on new processes and techniques
• Conducts Kaizen activities for continuous improvement of cost and cycle time
• Collaborates with cross functional team members to gain knowledge and improve product design, processes, and quality.
• Work with upstream vendors and downstream customers to optimize the entire value stream and put together joint processes that will lead better cost and cycle time
• Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering or other related technical degree
• 5+ years of experience in electronics manufacturing inclusive of some process engineering
• Experience in lean manufacturing implementation
• Experience conceptualizing, designing, assembling and debugging tools and fixtures
• Experience reducing cycle time and improving labor efficiency
• Experience in supplier component management
• Diverse experience across multiple roles within electronics manufacturing environment
• Experience with Surface mount technology and printed circuit board placement machines.
• Six Sigma black belt
• Experience with Datacenter Operations
• Experience in supply chain for electronics manufacturing
• Optimize existing and new manufacturing processes
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top