Senior Manager, Vendor Management
Amazon is reinventing on behalf of the business customer and is building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. Business Industrial and Scientific Supplies (BISS) is one of the fastest growing retail categories at Amazon and is focused on the Amazon Business marketplace and the business customer. We are building solutions to enable business customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces, and regions.
As the Senior Manager, Vendor Management for BISS, you are responsible for the Commercial and Industrial categories making Amazon a destination for business customers. The customers for this business include individual professionals, small businesses, and large enterprises (and everything in between) that often buy in high frequency or in bulk quantities. Since business customers have different needs than the traditional consumer customer, this leader needs to innovate on their behalf across retail inputs such as selection, inventory, and pricing, and build the right customer experience.
To do this, you will lead a high performing team to expand premium selection, build strategic vendor relationships, improve pricing, improve in-stock, manage category profitability and develop enhancements to the customer experience and operational processes. BISS is a long tail category with selection opportunity of tens of millions of SKUs across 20+ diverse product categories. This is a multi-functional role responsible for building vendor relationships, expanding selection, managing complex vendor negotiations, driving cross-category projects, owning pricing and promotional strategies, driving in-stock and inventory decisions, and delivering marketing and traffic driving activities.
This position requires strong business acumen, deep curiosity about customer behavior, excellent influencing skills, and the analytical horsepower to make key strategic business decisions for Amazon with a large degree of autonomy. You must be a self-starter with strong analytical ability, attention to detail, excellent communication skills and an ability to define and drive innovative programs involving multiple stakeholders. This leader will earn the trust of senior leaders by challenging norms, unlocking growth opportunities, and delivering results.
Ownership of the Retail P&L's for a large fast growing business:
- Leading a team of leaders/managers, delivering on business objectives and shaping their career development
- Defining our Customer Experience strategy for your business
- Deliver selection expansion targets including leading key vendor negotiations and B2B customer relationships.
- Drive scale through product sourcing optimization and make significant operational improvements
- Develop and lead weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews
- Provide thought leadership to other category teams focuses on B2B and international teams by sharing best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 7+ years of experience in online retailing, retail buying, retail category management, supplier management or merchandising, or one of the following;
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Engineering or Industrial Management.
- 5-7 years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven history of delivering results
- Masters Degree
- 10+ years of relevant B2B experience
- Strong track record of building and scaling teams
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top