Senior Manager, Technical Product Management, AWS Identity
- Toronto, Canada
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with foundational web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost effectively. AWS Identity teams are building secure identity, authentication, authorization, resource management, and governance systems for the AWS Cloud. Our products provide the core authentication and authorization technologies used to access all AWS services (such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon DynamoDB) and help customers meet their individual security requirements.
As a senior product management leader, you will drive our strategy, product roadmap, and outbound messaging for products that allow companies to centrally manage identities for their workforce as well as access to cloud applications and their AWS environment. You will have end-to-end product responsibility from working with key customers (both external and internal) to delivering revolutionary new features and functionality to defining pricing and marketing strategies. You will lead a team of technical product managers to drive innovation and adoption of our workforce identity solutions including AWS Single Sign-on.
The successful candidate will form a strategy that gets to the core of what customers value, set priorities that move that strategy forward, and exert influence to align your diverse stakeholders. As a manager, you'll be hands-on as you hire strong team members obsessed with delivering innovations for customers and develop career plans and growth opportunities for your team members.
• 8+ years product management and/or business leadership experience in a technology context
• Proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
• Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Demonstrated experience building and leading diverse product teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing geographically distributed business and effectively mentoring product manager growth
• Experience operating in a global environment
Back to top