Senior Manager, Technical Field Sales Ops
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to lead a team instrumental in designing and executing operations for Solution Architects (SAs) and Customer Solutions Managers (CSMs) across the Americas? Here's your opportunity! To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services, the Americas SA & CSM organization has grown significantly over in recent years. We are now building our Strategy and Operations team to help us operate at scale. This team is responsible for deploying scaling mechanisms that allow the business to move faster and operate more efficiently so that we can spend more time innovating on behalf of our customers.
We are seeking a leader who can operate with a startup mentality to support the field teams while building mechanisms to solve recurring business problems. This leader will also be responsible for a team of Sales Operations professionals supporting the rhythm of our business. The leader will also be responsible for creating mechanisms across a varied set of business operational needs including Strategy and Planning, Business reporting & metrics including analytics and dashboards, Headcount planning and coverage, and more. The leader will report into the Senior Operations Leader, America's and work closely with other managers in the operations team gathering requirements for business challenges, designing solutions, and scaling execution through business aligned operations program managers.
This position also manages the administration and execution of the team's targets, including measurement of goal attainment, driving actionable insights and proposing improvements to the business to drive goal attainment. Qualified candidates have experience defining and managing KPIs using Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
In this role, you will need to dive deep into the needs of the organization to understand the business priorities of SA and CSM individual contributor and managers. You must enjoy learning and sharing about the needs of our customers and employees working backwards to create operational effective mechanisms to scale. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS across our field teams, World Wide Revenue Operations, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing the team to executive management.
To be successful in this position, you must possess exceptional people management skills, demonstrated ability to deliver through others and effectively engage with all levels of the organization. This role requires very strong cross-functional interlock and communication as the audience is diverse and very technical in nature. The candidate will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. The candidate will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, creative, and a self-starter who is able to think big, execute, yet stay focused on the details. The role requires a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving, a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, and the foresight to anticipate business needs, make tradeoffs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints.
Maturity, excellent judgment, and the ability to influence are critical in this role. This role will require leading a diverse team supporting business development and operations for field facing technical teams of SAs/CSMs supporting Industry Solutions, Customer Acceleration Programs, Cloud Sales Centers, Independent Software Vendors, Digital Native Businesses, and Envisioning Engineering.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing mechanisms for technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for enabling cloud computing experts through your programs & mechanisms for a diverse and challenging set of customers across Small and Medium Business, Digital Native, ISV's, Gaming, and Enterprise.
Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with customers and architecture teams or similar role to support the operations of the business.
Display flexibility to manage shifting priorities and influence in the face of ambiguity. Working with the America's Director you will define strategic programs for the organization, work with executives from other teams, and create mechanisms to manage business strategy, reporting, and contribute to the effectiveness and productivity of the individual contributor and leaders in the SA & CSM organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
• Work closely with the Sr. Mgr. America's Operations and the Director of America's Solution Architecture to design new programs & mechanisms, communicate with and influence key stakeholders in other organizations including AWS service teams, support, professional services.
• Lead a team of sales operations and program managers who support the rhythm of our business, including strategic planning, goal management and operational cadence.
• Understand and use the value proposition of AWS in creation of mechanisms to serve the SA and CSM communities in the America's
• Drive program objectives provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop mechanisms, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
• Scale services and tools design mechanisms and procedures that scale with the business' growth in volume, complexity, and America's geographic dispersion.
• Define key performance indicators develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and mechanisms, and track delivery against program objectives.
• Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
• Develop sustainable training as needed for new project/program launches.
• Build deep relationships with internal stakeholders and customers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 7+ years of Program Management, Business Development, Operations, or Technical Pre-sales experience with cloud and related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects
• 5+ years management/team leadership experience
• Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• High EQ, maturity, and good judgment
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts
• 5+ years of experience working with technical field sales teams
• Experience building products or scaling operations in a startup environment
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts
• Skilled with low-code/no code development platforms
• Skilled with BI & reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Computer Science /relevant degree and/or experience highly desired
• MBA or Masters degree
Back to top