Senior Manager, Strategic Communications
- Seattle, WA
WW Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) ensures that Amazon is a safe and trustworthy place to shop and an amazing place to build a successful business selling products. We are seeking a high-judgment, self-motivated, creative communications professional to lead internal communications for our organization and external community engagements. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with CTPS executive leadership to design and deliver effective communications to our diverse and global team. The ideal candidate thinks strategically, takes initiative, dives deep into details, is energized by juggling priorities, and is passionate about leading and growing talent. The candidate for this position is also composed in fast-moving situations, embraces ambiguity and changing tides, ramps quickly on complex issues, and anticipates employee questions/reactions. We're looking for someone who is creative and experienced with telling stories through print, video, and digital media.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute innovative internal communications strategies that engage our diverse, global employee base
• Provide expert internal communications counsel to the CTPS executive leadership team and effectively communicate with a wide range of internal stakeholders
• Look around corners to spot emerging topics and lead the development and execution of proactive internal communication plans
• Provide counsel for executive and reactive or crisis communications, as needed
• Track and report communication strategy effectiveness to internal stakeholders
• Continually monitor, analyze, and tune messaging to maximize impact
• Drive internal organization branding and the creation of internal-facing content for the CTPS VP
• Manage a team of program managers focused on strategic communications and events
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in public relations or strategic communications, 3+ years of experience managing a team.
• Proven experience building robust communications programs (including through print, video and digital media) and delivering results
• Demonstrated internal communications experience within a multi-national company
• Experience developing relevant content for a diverse workforce
• Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
• Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach and engagement
• Strong copywriting and editing skills, including rewriting, optimizing, and editing content from subject matter experts
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts (or lack thereof) and individual perspectives
• Ability to anticipate potential reputational issues and exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top