Senior Manager, Software Development
- Madrid, Spain
Interested in Machine Learning? Amazon SageMaker is a fully managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for online predictions. SageMaker https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/) takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
As a Senior Manager, you will own the innovation in the space of ML Platforms, building compelling functionality for the Amazon SageMaker Service. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and first line managers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems and big data solutions. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Customer engagement and product road map definition
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
• 10+ years of experience with at least 4 years in a Software Development Manager role.
• 5+ years experience building distributed systems
• 2+ years experience in preparing quality metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals
• 15+ years of experience in the Software Development Industry
• 2+ years of experience in managing managers
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Machine Learning
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top